One of my favorite things to do around Christmas is baking Christmas cookies. There is nothing better than homemade sweets to get you into the Christmas spirit. I hope you will like it. Let me know what you think :)
Recipe: Vanilla Wreaths (40 pieces)
1 vanilla bean
1 tsp vanilla powder
200 g softened butter
190 g sugar
225 g flour
80 g almond flour (grind it yourself for the best taste experience)
- Split the vanilla bean down its length with a small knife and scrape out the seeds.
- Now mix together the vanilla seeds, vanilla powder, butter and sugar in bowl. The softer the butter is the easier it will be to pipe the dough later so leave it out overnight if possible.
- Add the egg and mix.
- Add the flour and the almond flour and mix until you have a sticky dough.
- The dough is ready for piping. There are several ways to give the vanilla wreaths their beautiful shape but I think the easiest way is with a piping bag and a star nozzle. I use a a wilton 1M nozzle. Fill the piping bag with the dough.
- Pipe small wreaths (5 cm diameter) on a baking sheet with approximately 2 cm between each wreath.
- Bake in the oven at 200 degrees celcius for 15 minutes or until golden brown.