It’s that time of the year where we find of blankets and fluffy socks, cuddle up with a cup of tea on the couch and watch a movie. For me the cherry on top is a freshly baked muffin with chucks of melted chocolate. Yummy! A few days ago I couldn’t resist so I had to make a batch of my favourite muffins. The next day I brought them to work and my colleagues LOVED them and asked me for the recipe and that’s when I thought I would share them with you too!
These muffins are made from a base of macaroons (no, not the French ones – the Danish ones). You can buy them in most supermarkets in Denmark. My macaroon muffins taste of marzipan, almonds and chocolate and are very moist and has a bit of a heavy texture. If you in any way have a weak spot for marzipan you have got to try these.
Macaroon Muffins Recipe (30 pieces)
400 g sugar
6 eggs (room temperature)
4 tsp almond essence
250 g melted butter (room temperature)
250 g flour
4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla powder
250 g crushed macaroons
200 g chocolate chips
- Beat butter and sugar fluffy and add the almond essence
- Still beating, add the melted butter that has to be cooled down to room temperature
- To avoid ugly lumps in your muffins sift the flour, baking powder and vanilla powder and gently fold it into the mixture.
- Now add the crushed macaroons and the chocolate chips and fold it into the mixture.
- Divide the batch into 30 muffin liners in a muffin tray and bake for 14-16 minutes at 200 degrees celcius.
I hope you love them as much as I do! Let me know what you think and what other recipes you would like to see on our blog. Enjoy :D